The quality of a research paper is seen in its sources. Teachers often point out students need to find sources that will strongly support their paper and demonstrate research skills. Whenever you need to do a research paper, you should use this service to learn great tips including how to find good sources.
Characteristics of Scholarly Sites
Web sites that are used by students, teachers, scholars and researchers have specific characteristics you should be aware of. These are:
- – Accredited by education organizations internationally or locally
- – Offer journals according to wide varieties of field studies
- – May offer free or partial articles and journals
- – May include newspaper or magazine articles used by laymen
- – May ask for subscription or membership
Characteristics of Good Sources
A good source online should have these features:
- – Journal magazine source
- – Volume, issue, pages
- – Authors and author information
- – Citation tools for APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard styles
- – References of the article
How will I know if my source can help my paper?
A source can help our paper if you follow these instructions:
- Search for the term in journal websites related to your course
- Check if the article belongs to a journal with professions or studies that are also related
- Defines the basic terms or concepts related to your topic
- Quotes authors, researchers, or prominent people in your studies
- Explains how research is done and should be interpreted
- Describes research participants and their reactions
- Provides arguments of opposite beliefs or stands to its own purpose
- Provides research suggestions and conclusions
Hitting the books
The best place to find sources in the library. The guidelines in finding sources are still applicable with library journals. You will also still check its features. The advantage with library sources is that these books are approved by the school and, therefore, more valid. It will also add points for you because the teacher will see you have wide range of reading skills and are interested with the subject. The disadvantage would be time. Finding sources online would be a quicker process.
In order to write a good research paper, you have to have the best sources. You now are equipped with reliable information on good sources. You can tell your friends all about this advice you followed. You can find even more information by following us. Your research paper will be considered impressive if you follow this guide.